Friday, February 22, 2013

>24hours.


  Entering Vogel's room for the last time; Having a stye in my eye for the last time; Stressing out for the last time; Testing in AP Biology and AP Chemistry on the same day for the last time; Group testing in Chemistry for the first and last time; Complaining for the last time; Driving in Lucy for the last time; Making food with my Oma for the last time. 
  The last time before I am on my way to Romania; the last time before my life changes.
   Maybe I should not have said what I said to my sister in front of my father.  "You don't want to see me on the last day I am alive?!"  Let's just say, he kinda told me to shut up.  
  He didn't really like the idea of my dying, but I kinda do.  NO! not the kind of dying as in my physical body being inanimate, but in a different way.  There are tons of bible verses that I can use to explain myself, here are a few:
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. Mark 8:35
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. John 12:24
And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38
When I die to myself, my selfish desires and sinning-ful ways, only then am I becoming alive in Christ.  I cannot serve two masters at the same time; I either crown myself Queen or Him King.  The sinning nature of humans automatically causes the person to crown himself king (or in my case, Queen), but, when we become Christians, we take the crown off our heads; and even though we still sin, the crown has been transferred from out head to His.  We trade our rags (unholiness) for God's pure white robe (righteousness). God no longer judges us by our sins and faulty decision making skills, but by our one decision: accepting Jesus' blood.  
The only being allowed in Heaven with rags is Jesus; and that is because his radiance shines through even the dirt; we need his white robe in order to hide our dirt.


This is dying.  Dying to yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment