Sunday, February 17, 2013

Commissioned.

  I have never been "commissioned" over; I may have been prayed over before, but this time it will stick in my memory forever.

  At the very end of the service, Dr. Martin, the preacher of VBC, called the mission team up to the alter.  He said a little something as I watched the camera drift over our faces; I tried not to look at myself on the screen.  He ended the service as he always does and then asked every member of the mission team standing to kneel before the alter.  This is when my emotions started rolling; I am too much like my mother.
  Hannah, my best friend, was right beside me, as always.  He sister-in-law put her hand upon her as I felt a hand come upon me; but I couldn't see the owner of this hand.  I felt like a angel was touching me and giving me some kind of courage, some kind of boldness.  I remembered my grandpa and how if he was still alive, that would be his hand upon me.  That morning, I purposefully put on the bracelet him and my grandma had picked out for Christmas; I feel closer to him when I wear his memory.  Every time I think about my grandfather, I have to shake it off; he is gone, I think, you can do nothing to save his physical body, you must now save others' spiritual bodies.  Just thinking about my grandfather helps me put my mind back on track.  Although I wish he was still here, there is nothing I can do about it; but, with God's help, I can help change the future of those still living, physically living; I can help change their spiritual future, so one day, like me, they will be able to see their grandfather again.

No comments:

Post a Comment