Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3, 2013: A Devotion.

   My grandmother gave me a devotional book for my birthday last year.  It is entitled "Jesus Calling" and contains a short one-paragraph (sometimes two paragraphs) devotional that encourages me and keeps me ready for the day.  Today, my devotional was based off of Romans 8:31, 2 Corinthians 4:18, and Genesis 16:13-14 (AMP).  
   Almost everyday, this devotional book addresses one of my worries.  Lately, I have been worrying about my future, and this devotional answered my daily worry with a promise from God.  I thought it was good enough to share.
I am with you and for you.  You face nothing alone--nothing!  When you feel anxious, know that you are focusing on the visible world and leaving Me out of the picture.  The remedy is simple: Fix you eyes not one what is seen but on what is unseen.  Verbalize your trust in Me, the Living One who sees you always. I will get you safely through this day ans all your days.  But you can find Me only in the present.  Each day is a precious gift from My Father.  How ridiculous to grasp future gifts when today's is set before you!  Receive today's gifts gratefully, unwrapping it tenderly and delving into its depths.  As you savor this gift, you find Me.
  I feel many humans, even those to whom I am related, would look at this mission statement and think of it as 'over the top,' one of those crazy dedicated Christian things that, in reality, no one can really do.  I have been questioning this lately, and am glad to hear God speaking to me through multiple things I read.  He is constantly reminding me that one can never trust Him too much. 

  I am hoping this Romania trip will engrave that in not only my brain, but also my heart, and I will be able to live out each day and not have to worry about my future, and just let it come to me, trusting God has everything under control, including money problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment