Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Time is Ticking.

  Today my devotion was taken from Luke 2:25,28-36,38.  
"Ask God to give you a steadfast spirit in times of conflict, meager resources, loneliness, and suffering." 
  This is NOT always easy to do. 
   For me, college is coming up, and yes, it is a BIG decision.  I mean, who wants to pay for something when they will eventually change their minds, who wants to waste their time; money and time are important, and once given away, you can never get it back (spending money on college).  Of course, the college I want to go to, the one that is number one on my list, Campbell, is also the most expensive on my list.  Knowing this, I have been applying for scholarships ever since Senior Year began, but the only money I have to go towards college in the money that is currently in Mr. Piggy; Oh! and the money that we have growing on the money tree out back. Although the government and others would probably think opposite, I do have meager resources, and that fact makes me worried and scared about my future; it makes me want to roll up in a ball and permanently live with my parents.
  But who can do anything productive living a scared lifestyle!? Who can witness and love others when they are scared of being mocked, scared of having conflict, and scared of not having enough money.  Although going to college is not exactly "witnessing" and "loving others," it is a decision that I have to make, and it does include money, time and God.  God should be in every decision, and he is definitely in this one.  I really want to go to Campbell, but I feel like God is trying to close this door that I have my foot halfway in, because of the money issue I am currently having.  I truly feel like I belong in that school, and I am going to have to trust that God will make a way.  
  But I wish it would be sooner than later, because my dad has his "deadlines."

No comments:

Post a Comment